Monday 17 June 2013

Thoughtful Mouse: Dealing with the epic highs and sinking lows.

So some things you need to know:

1) I am an emotional person.
2) I hate to feel vulnerable.
3) I use humour to deflect from situations I am uncomfortable with.
4) I can't stand it with people argue around me even if it is just a heated discussion.
5) I do not like large crowds.
6) Love to travel, Hate to fly.


There are others but we'll go with these for now.

I had a meltdown at the weekend, I was feeling good Friday and Saturday despite my week being a bit rubbish. Then all of a sudden out of the blue after seeing some statuses on Facebook, I snapped.

I couldn't breathe I was crying so hard. It came on so fast, all flooded in and swallowed me whole.

Luckily while this was happening I was alone because as you can see from number 2, I do not like to be seen or feel vulnerable. 40 Minutes later I was fine. Had there been people there I would have been worse and that 40 minute meltdown would have compounded. 2 hours later I would have been still in a heap blubbering on the floor.

I am curious to other peoples coping mechanisms, I always deal better with the stress of life on my own and once I am on the other side, then I may want the hugs.

Which is saying a lot since I do not like unnessecary touching.

So how do ya'll cope? Are you better alone or surrounded?

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you had a bad day (((hugs))) I am totally with you on numbers 1-5, I almost thought you were reading my mind LOL. When I get to the melt down point I do deep breathing and it seems to help some. I also let the tears flow, sometimes a good cry is what is needed. If that doesn't help, I have xanax that I will take. Hope you are feeling better doll <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have coped better before, but you had backup and now you feel like you don't have that backup anymore. Your partner and your Mother are no longer there for you and even though you have awesome friends, the deep connection to 'One' person feels gone. I have one trick that works for me when things get too bad.

    Find a quiet space and relax.
    Listen to the sound of your breathing - in and out - in and out.
    While you are concentrating on that, put your hand over your heart.
    Feel your heartbeat. Now you are listening and feeling and breathing.
    Doing the three exercises calms you down and you come to a quiet place where you can relax and rest the grieving body.
    That's right, not just the heart grieves, but the body and soul too. The tears are an important release, then re-examining your situation and finally when you feel up to it, then making the necessary changes.

    I'm wrapping my arms around you right now. Lots and lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, I needed the meltdown I think since I have been in super good form since. I call that a win.

    ReplyDelete